When you have a high budget or use expensive knives and need quick sharpening, it’s absolutely worth investing in an electric knife sharpener. An electric sharpener can sharpen your blade’s edge as razor-sharp within one or two minutes. This essential kit is mainly used in the shop, restaurant or home but some of them can be used for pocket knives during outdoors also.
Most of the best electric knife sharpeners will allow you to sharpen all kinds of knives easily, effectively and quickly. Here are the top seven electric knife sharpeners reviews to make your selection easy. Let’s jump into it!
In a Hurry! Take a Look at Our Best Picks
Best Electric Knife Sharpener Reviews
01. Chef’sChoice 130 Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
Chef’sChoice 130 is a professional grade sharpener for straight and serrated knives. This electric sharpener can sharpen any kind of knives material of 20-degree class such as kitchen, household, sports, and pocket knives. The three stages of sharpening and the built-in precision angle guides will allow you a consistent and sharp edge.
There are 100-percent diamonds in stage 1, super-hardened sharpening steel in stage 2 and flexible abrasive or stropping disks in stage 3. Use stage 1 followed by stage 2 and 3 to get a razor-sharp edge. In this device, no lubricants are needed and just pushing the on-off single button you can easily use it.
This top-quality best electric sharpener is ruggedly built, attractively designed and molded from a solid, high-impact engineering polymer. The rubber feet will securely hold the device to the work surface. The product will provide you limited years’ warranty. This is one of the top class electric sharpeners according to price.
- 3 stages sharpening
- Works for straight and serrated knives
- No need for oils or liquids
- Non-slip rubber base
- Polymer body
- Precision angle guide
- No skill required
- Works good for 20-degree only
- Built-in precision angle guides in all three stages eliminate guesswork and produce consistently sharp edges every time.
- Professional sharpening, steeling, or stropping for all types of 20-degree class knives.
- Sharpen both straight edge and serrated knives including kitchen, household, sports and pocket knives.
- Electric 3-stage sharpener with 100-percent diamonds in stage 1, super-hardened sharpening steel in stage 2 and flexible stropping disks in stage 3.
02. LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener, Kitchen Knives Sharpening System
LINKYO is a two-stage sharpener for straight-edged blades such as kitchen knife. The product has automatic blade positioning guides to hold the knife in the ideal position. The sharpening process is easy, quick and simple. When sharpening is necessary, just set the knife at an angle of 90-degrees to table and pull it back-forward no need of downward pressure.
The first stage reshapes the dull angles and in second stage polishing is done. There is a built-in stop feature for preventing damage to the blade if too much downward pressure is applied. The device is easy to clean and maintain.
There are non-slip suction cup base and receptacles for capturing disposal metals. Don’t forget to wipe with a damp cloth after every use. This is one of the top electric knife sharpeners for the money.
- Perfect for kitchen knives
- 2 stages sharpening
- Automatic stop feature
- Non-slip suction cup base
- Automatic blade positioning guides
- Receptacles for capturing disposal metals
- Simple to use
- Not for scissors or serrated blades
- QUICK, SIMPLE AND SAFE - Sharpen knives like a pro in the comfort of your home
- NO MISTAKES - Automatic blade positioning guides hold the knife in the ideal position, while heavy-duty non-slip suction cup feet keep the sharpener...
- 2-STAGE SHARPENING - Stage 1 reshapes the angle, sharpens and rejuvenates the edge, while Stage 2 finishes the sharpening process honing and polishing...
- CLEAN UP IS A SNAP - Mess-free receptacles with easy-to-remove plugs catch the metal shards and filings
03. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition
Whenever you need a top-quality sharpener for knives of any size, shape, and type, this is one of the products which will come first. From straight knives to serrated knives, edge tools, gut hooks, scissors and all kinds of knives can be sharpened with this. The cool gear is associated with flexible belts for five stages of sharpening and honing. This the most attractive reason for its versatility.
Work Sharp and Ken Onion unitedly manufacture this product. The customize angle guide, adjustable speed motor makes the tool more gorgeous. You can adjust the angle from 15 to 30 degrees. The process is fast, repeatable and precise.
- All blade sharpener
- Fast sharpening
- Five flexible belts
- Customize angle guide
- Motor with variable speed
- 15 to 30-degrees angle adjustment
- Top-quality sharpener
- Quite pricy
- The belt may dis-align sometimes
- ADJUSTABLE SHARPENING GUIDE - produce precise edge bevels from 15° to 30°. motor- 120Vac/1.5 amp. Duty cycle-1 hr Continuous
- VARIABLE SPEED MOTOR - handle every sharpening task, from grinding to honing. More power with improved cooling & the option of slow speed honing or...
- PREMIUM FLEXIBLE ABRASIVE BELTS - deliver a strong, long lasting razor-sharp convex edge
- FAST, PRECISE, & REPEATABLE - sharpening results with no set up or calibration time. The 6000 grit belt measures ½ x inches) for better contact with...
04. Work Sharp Knife & Tool Sharpener
The Original Knife & Tool Sharpener is one of the top quality wide range of sharpeners for getting the sharpest blade edge. You can use this kit for lawn mower blades, garden pruners, shears, shovels, scrapers, and any kind of blades sharpening. The product comes with 3 types of belts- 2 coarse belts of P80-grit, 2 belts P220-grit as medium and 2 fine belts of 6000-grit.
There are precision sharpening guides which will provide you fast, easy, repeatable and consistent results. The abrasive belts will sharpen straight knives as well as curved knives, tanto blades, filet knives, serrated knives, gut hooks and virtually any other shape of a knife blade. There is a tool grinder for grinding dull tools.
Work Sharp has two guides, a 50-degree guide for hunting and outdoor knives another is a 40-degree guide for thinner blades and kitchen knives. This is a fast sharpening process and easy to use.
- Fast sharpening
- Versatile knife sharpening
- Kitchen knife guide
- Outdoor knife guide
- 3 flexible belts
- Additional grinder tool
- Control the direction of the belt is a little bit tricky
- Makes the edge more rounded than straight
- Sharpen every knife you own like a pro quickly, easily and with repeatable, consistent results. Creates the sharpest blades you've ever had!
- Easily Replaceable Abrasive Grit Belts. Comes with premium abrasive belts to meet all your sharpening needs: Coarse (P80), Medium (P220) and Fine...
- Precision sharpening guides provide fast, easy, repeatable and consistent results. Kitchen Knife guide sharpens blades to a 40° angle - Outdoor Knife...
- Can also be used to sharpen a wide range of bladed shop tools and lawn and garden tools such as Lawn Mower Blades, Garden Pruners, Shears, Shovels,...
05. Chef’sChoice 15 Trizor XV EdgeSelect Professional Electric Knife Sharpener
ChefChoice is one of the best professional-grade sharpeners available in the market. This versatile kit works for both straight and serrated knives. The motorized sharpener is associated with XV technology and will provide a flawless, ultra-sharp 15-degree edge. 3 stages of sharpening will definitely prolong knife life with 100 percent diamond abrasives and advanced stropping stage.
The sharpener comes with a complete user manual. It is quick, easy to use and maintain and accurately control the sharpening angle. It works great for any alloy blades of double-bevel or single-bevel 15-degree angled knives. The performance and durability make the product unparalleled. Like other electric types, it creates noise between 65 dB and 75 dB.
- Professional grade sharpener
- Complete user guidelines
- 100% diamonds and advanced stropping stage
- 3-stages sharpening
- Straight and serrated blades sharpener
- Easy to use
- Fast sharpening
- Prolong life of quality knives
- Quite heavy
- CONVERT YOUR KNIVES: Ideal for converting traditional 20-degree factory edges of household knives into high performance Trizor XV 15-degree edges
- DIAMONDS: Advanced stropping stage and 100 percent diamond abrasives for sharpening straight edge and serrated blades. Noise is between 65 dB and 75...
- EASY TO USE: Advanced, patented flexible spring guides for automatic adjustment and accurate control of the sharpening angle and feature simple on/off...
- THREE STAGES: 3-Stage EdgeSelect sharpening system for optimum versatility in providing the perfect edge for each cutting task. Stages 1 and 2 are...
06. Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Presto EverSharp is a two-stage sharpening system which will allow you easy and quick sharpening. The machine is very attractive for its simple design. It will give professional look to your kitchen knives, sports knives and any other non-serrated knives. The high quality and ultra-hard sapphirite sharpening wheels will sharpen and polish your knives as a razor-sharp edge in seconds.
This electric sharpener is suitable for knives made of alloy, carbon or stainless steel. The sharpener will provide you precision blade guides for added convenience. It is a great addition because the guides position the blade at the ideal sharpening angle, hence delivering a consistent cut every time. In stage 1, the sharpener removes the burr from the knife’s edge. In stage 2, fine honing or polishing completes the process by creating a razor-sharp edge.
The motor runs at 120 volts AC. There are three suction cups on the beneath of the machine. There are also two containers in the bottom to collect disposal metal. The product will provide a limited warranty against defects.
- Easy to use
- Two-stages sharpening
- High-quality sharpening wheel
- Slots have optimum angles
- Professional kitchen and hunting knife sharpener
- Three suction cups to hold it securely
- Two metal disposal container
- Can’t sharpen versatile knives
- Very fast cutting
- The product is electric knife sharpener
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in china
- Two-stage sharpening system quickly and easily sharpens most any non-serrated blade for professional results in the convenience of your home. (Presto...
07. Wusthof PEtec Electric Sharpener, Gray
Wusthof electric knife sharpener is a high-quality sharpener. The three-stages sharpener is easy to use and it can sharpen your straight and serrated knives. Stage 1 includes diamond abrasive for creating a new edge, stage 2 has finer diamond grit to refine the edge and stage three creates a razor-sharp blade by special stropping materials. This is a handy sharpener for kitchen knives.
Wusthof and ChefsChoice have combinedly produced this PEtec (Precision Edge Technology) device. The PEtec technology will allow you to restore the sharpness and extend the lifespan of the knives. This sharpener can provide up to 14-degrees PEtec and a combined 28-degree edge. The product will offer you limited years’ warranty. Maintenance and cleaning are also easy.
- 3 stages of sharpening
- Use for both straight and serrated knives
- Easy to use
- PEtec technology
- Diamond abrasive wheel
- Maintenance easy
- Kitchen knife sharpener
- easy to use
- Stage 1 pull through 3-4 times
- Not dishwasher safe
- stage 2 pull through1-2 times
Buying Guide of Best Electric Knife Sharpeners
In the era of electricity, an electric knife sharpener might be a great handy kit for you, especially when you have a busy schedule. It is safe, easy to use, saves your time and serves for a long time. But all-electric knife sharpeners are not appropriate for all types of knives equally. So, you have to know some basic things and consider these before buying an electric sharpener.
Essential Features of an Electric Knife Sharpener
There are various electric knife sharpeners from different manufacturers. The professional electric knife sharpener has some features which are not good for a personal level knife loving man. Without considering these features your blade’s edge may damage totally. Let’s explore the features.
Sharpening Wheel Materials
The abrasiveness of material is referred to as grit size. Abrasive material or grinding material is responsible for doing the sharpening task. It is very important to consider the type of grinding materials in an electric knife sharpener. One of the most common sharpening wheels is diamond abrasive. Diamond is one of the hardest material and grinds the damaged edge effectively. It will give you the best sharpening results but costs a bit.
The other abrasive materials include titanium, tungsten carbide or ceramic made the sharpening wheel. Sometimes abrasive belts are also used to sharpen thin, valuable blades. The belt system is a good choice for variable shapes of a blade or different types of blade materials.
Usually, electric knife sharpener offers two stages sharpening. One stage for sharpening and another stage for honing or polishing. Some manufacturers provide 3 or 4 stages sharpener also. More stages will give you a razor-sharp edge or maybe another angled slot.
Stage 3 and 4 are used for stropping or final polishing and deburring or removing of metallic burrs relatively. Sometimes one stage sharpener is also found for a pocket knife or small knife sharpening.
Non-slip Base and Grip
A good electric knife sharpener features a non-slip rubberized base and grip for ensuring safety. The rubber base prevents unwanted vibration during using the sharpener and the rubber-grip handle for comfortable gripping. Nowadays, some of the electric knife sharpeners have drilled holes in base for bolting with table permanently.
Every knife has its own bevel or blade angle. By maintaining this angle, you can sharpen your knife effectively. The higher the angles, the higher the blades. Sharpening angle ranges from 15-40 degrees. If you sharpen your blade above blade’s angle, the edge will be damaged.
Before sharpening your knives determine your knives angle. Then match the correct angle guide of the sharpener to the knife bevel. Some electric knife sharpeners have a variable angle to adjust for different types of knives. We recommend you to purchase a variable angle provider sharpener for multiple knives sharpening.
Ease of Use and Cleaning
Most of the electric sharpener is easy to use and maintain. You will get a pretty edge, just touching your knife in the sharpening wheel. As the body is made up of stainless steel or high-grade plastic, you can clean it easily with a damp cloth.
If you want to use it for single blade sharpening, then a general category sharpener is okay. But when multiple knives sharpening is required, then you should go for a multi-function sharpener. Work Sharp Ken Onion or some other quality brands is recommended in this case.
Size and Weight
Size and weight is a prime factor when you go hiking, camping, hunting or any other outdoors purpose. A lightweight and minimum size sharpener are recommended for ease of portability. For kitchen or shop use, you may choose a heavier one.
There are various models of electric knife sharpener available in the market. Their longevity varies from each other. Diamond sharpeners are more durable than others.
The motor starts rotating after turn on your electric knife sharpener. If you want fast speed sharpening, you have to choose a powerful motor while purchasing the sharpener. Some models also provide variable speed motors.
Usually, there is noise due to motor vibration and sharpening tasks. Manufacturers always try to minimize this noise. Avoid the products which create more than 80 decibels frequency of sound.
Budget and Warranty
The electric knife sharpeners price start from about 20 dollars. You can choose from minimum quality products or higher class depends on your budget. Warranty and after-sales service also need to check before buying. The sharpening stones or manual sharpener are cheaper than electric sharpener.
Safety Factors During Using an Electric Knife Sharpener
Safety is important while using a sharpener, especially for beginners. The electric knife sharpener is quite safe than the other sharpening process. Therefore, there are several safety tips that you should keep in mind.
- Read the user’s manual and try to understand the sharpeners working principles.
- Never use lubricants or oil in the electric sharpener.
- Always check the machine before using the sharpener every time.
- Concentrate on sharpening otherwise knife could slip and might hurt you.
- Never touch the machine in bare hand while the switch is on.
- Maintain blade angle for a good result.
- Turn off the machine and clean it after the sharpening is done.
How to Use an Electric Knife Sharpener?
The electric knife sharpener is easy to use among other sharpening processes. But every electric sharpener has a unique sharpening system. Before using it learning about the sharpening system is very important. So, how is the sharpening process?
Step 1: Research Your Blade
You should know your knife’s shape, size and bevel type. It will help you to choose correct sharpener. Usually, a straight knife is easy to sharpen than a serrated knife.
Step 2: Know About the Sharpener
According to your blade’s type, you should pick the sharpener. Know, how does your sharpener work. Read through the guidebook and try to understand your machine’s working system nicely. If there is any complexity, know from an expert.
Step 3: Prepare Your Sharpener
Place the device in a flat and dry surface. If necessary, clean it with a damp cloth. Don’t use any lubricants or oils to the sharpener. Now, press the power button to turn the motor on.
Step 4: Consider Sharpening Stages
Most of the electric knife sharpener has two or three stages of sharpening system. Usually, the coarse stage is used first for dull knives followed by the finer stages. According to your knife’s dullness choose the stages.
Step 5: Start Sharpening
Put your knife in the sharpening slot. Then draw the knife consistently from tip to handle towards you. But, don’t apply any downward pressure to the knife. Now, pull through the knife twice on each side, which means 4 times for each stage.
Repeat the actions for other stages to get a razor-sharp edge.
Step 6: Check Knife’s Sharpness
When sharpening is over, check your knife’s sharpness. You can try paper cutting, tomato slicing or thumb testing to evaluate knife’s sharpness. If you’re not pleased with the sharpness, then repeat step 5 until you’ve got the desired results. When you feel it is sharp well, then power off the machine and clean both knife and sharpener.
A quality electric knife sharpener is a handy kit for home use as well as an outing. They’re more intuitive but expensive than manual sharpeners. It is easy to use and takes less time and effort to sharpen your knives than the other sharpening methods. We hope our detail article on the best electric knife sharpeners reviews will help you choose a perfect one for your money.
Danny is an avid hunter and outdoorsman who just love the wilderness. He learned the surviving techniques from his predecessors and became the skilled man of today. He is a family guy who loves his family dearly. From an early age, he became very fascinated with different survival tools among which machete was one of them. This website is for sharing his knowledge and skills for those who feel a close bond with nature just like him.